The Specialist Roofing Company is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information, in line with data protection legislation. By this we mean the Data Protection Act 1998 up to and including 24 May 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) thereafter.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
We collect personal information from visitors to our web site, www.thespecialistroofingcompany.co.uk, through the use of enquiry forms and every time you e-mail us your details. Also directly from you, when you make contact by telephone. By providing us with this information you agree to our using the information to contact you for the purposes explained below. If you wish us to stop contacting you, you may email us at (email@example.com) or write to our postal address, this will, however, restrict our contact with you during the trading period.
We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of any other linked web sites. We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Statement at any time and we recommend that you regularly review this Privacy Statement to ensure that you are aware of any changes and how your information may be used. We may be making further changes to this Privacy Statement as part of our compliance and planning for the introduction of the GDPR.
For the purpose of the data protection legislation, The Specialist Roofing Company is the Data Controller (we are responsible for and controls the processing of your personal data) of the information that you supply us with and on occasion this information may be shared with a third party who will act as a Data Processor to carry out a specified function on behalf of The Specialist Roofing Company. We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the GDPR regulations.
At The Specialist Roofing Company your privacy and the protection of your data is important to us. We pledge to handle your personal data in a fair and legal manner at all times, The Specialist Roofing Company is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect from you and how we use it.
How we use your data
The Specialist Roofing Company use your personal data:
- To expedite the sale and installation of our products as well as to obtain your customer feedback on our performance.
- The data is only shared with the persons who have been instructed to facilitate the contract on behalf of the The Specialist Roofing Company and nobody else.
- We do not sell/share personal information collected by us for any other purposes than those stated above.
Legal basis for The Specialist Roofing Company processing customer personal data:
- Selling and supplying goods and services to customers;
- Sending promotional communications relevant to individual customers upon their request and with their consent;
- Understanding our customers preferences and needs;
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations under the agreement;
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers and self employed contractors.
Retention period of personal customer data:
- Your personal data needs to be retained in our files for the duration of the guarantee, 10 years due to the longest guarantee, in order that we can respond to any issues that you may have with our products during this period. The information held will be your name and address, and possibly a contact e-mail or phone number.
We do not hold any financial details for you on file, as payment is usually by cheque or BACS payment directly from you.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your information changes during your working relationship with us.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another part
The application of the above individual rights will be as directed by the Information Commissioner Office guidance advice contained at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights
We strive to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. All our employees and processors with access to personal data and involved in its processing are obliged to respect its confidentiality. All the data collected by us is stored off line, and on file in the United Kingdom. Third parties do not have access to this stored information.
Our Contact Form
When using the contact form on our Contact Page the form will collect your name, phone number and – if you provide it – your email address. Some fields are required in order to submit your enquiry, and you will not be able to do so without providing this information.
The information that you provide will be sent to us via email and a record of your enquiry will also be stored on our secure website server.
For more information on cookies – such as what they are and what they do – see https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/online/cookies/.
We will only disclose personal information to suppliers/contractors we engage on our behalf and affiliated companies, and as required by law.
Using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on a National basis. By browsing this web site and communicating electronically with us you acknowledge and agree to our processing of your personal data in this way.